Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active ICA Sessions Drop Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnPtrs

MIS
Jun 13, 2006
US
Has anyone experienced users in an active ICA session having their session booted and the ICA client closes out at random??

Server= PS4
Client= Web-client 9.230

Thanks,
John

I've seen it happen before but the problem has never been a citrix problem it has always been firewall, or workstation related issues.

I'd take a look-see @ the Citrix.com forum's, there are a multitude of threads related to just this issue (especially if you are on Win2K3).....

We recently moved from Win2K/MFXPa, up to Win2K3/PS4.....this hit us like a ton of bricks! You'll find dozen's upon dozen's of various "possibilities" within Citrix's tech-notes & forum-threads, everything from RAID controller configuration (CTX103277) to hard disk write caching (CTX109658).....just two among dozen's as I said :)

Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.....this is what almost removed the issue 100% for" me (& I was seeing dozen's f dropped sessions every moment!), "Smart Card Redirection" which is enabled as default in SP1 for Win2K3 (CTX107232)...disabled it, and bingo! An interesting quote from the technote: "It is not known how this feature impairs the ICA connection"!!! :)

Good luck, this issue is caused by many - many possible route causes. I was lucky in my case, there are a multitude other possible causes such as stated above (firewall's/workstation localised issues) including the obvious one.....latency on the link, check out SMCConsole or even the metrics within perfomance monitor to monitor this.....

Happy hunting :)

Rgds,
PeterM.

Rgds,
Peter Mannion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back