Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active EC500 remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitramTELEBOY

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2005
US
Can an xported station have ec500 activated using remote-access? Or for that matter can any station have ec500 activated via remote-access?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I have EC500 set up on my 4620IP phone. At times that I forgot to activate the EC500 feature, I dialed the telecommuting-access extension and activated EC500. This will work with an internal extension or a DID.

I don't why not, except that call coverage might override the EC500 since calls to x-ported extensions will immediately go to coverage if there is a coverage path. If there is no coverage path callers will get a busy signal. Try it and see.

To add to Jordy's great reply. What I did was I created a VDN so we could dial the activate or deactivate codes. Works great for the 50 or so EC500 users we have.

Of course I had an available 800 and DID # pointed the VDN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back