Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybarty

Technical User
May 3, 2002
CA
We have a group of OU's that contain external clients. We are going to change our password policy and we need to ensure that all of the clients in these OU's accounts passwords are set to never expire. Is there a command I can run or some report that will show whether that attribute is enabled or not?

dsquery.exe and/or find command ander Action menu in the ADUC should help you

I think the dsquery /user commands should work but I don't know how to put in the attribute switch to find users in the OU whose passwords are set to never expire. Can anyone tell me what the parameter is?

Not sure if this answers your question, however you can run the command line below on the selected OU. It will return a list of users and whether their password never expires (i have included the switches for the first and last name also). You can either pipe the results into a text file or copy directly into excel to sort through the accounts.

You should see a list of users and either a yes or no whether or not their password is set to never expire.

DSQUERY USER "ou=....."|DSGET USER -fn -ln -pwdneverexpires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back