Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory Logon takes >45 seconds on Crystal Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSteinbach

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2003
DE

We recently implemented Crystal Enterprise by using Active Directory Single Sign On. However the Logon Process
needs >45 seconds which is not acceptable.

Has anybody made the same experience and knows the reason / solution ?

Thanks

From my understanding with authentication forms such as AD or even LDAP, there is some additional work that needs to be done. This work is creating a graph of the mapped users/groups. This graph is maintained in cache and is redrawn frequently and also has a lifespan.

I picture this as drilling down through the user, groups child groups and any nested groups and the depth of these will increase the delays. I think also that if user 1 is logging in and the cache is being built and user 2 logs in there will be a delay as well, which makes sense if user 1 is redraing the graph while user 2 is trying to authenticate.

I am not sure about how to speed this process up, other than keep the AD catalog close to the CE server to reduce network .

just thoughts

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

I recently install the active directory plug-in to do single sign on and I am also getting >45 sec logon to CE.

If I have the client IE security settings to prompt for username and password, I can enter the username\password and get a quick auth from AD and enter eportfolio. Therefore I believe that verifies that we can get a quick auth from the AD.

There were some performance suggestions in ce_active_directory_plugin.pdf from Crystal that I tried. I set the GraphTimeOut to zero but I was never able to log into the cystal application.

Can anyone give me anymore suggestions to resolve the slow logon times?

Thanks

I also had this problem. We resolved this by doing the following:

1. Apply IE 6 SP1
2. Apply IE 6 security rollup MS03-048
3. Apply Microsoft Hotfix Q818060
4. Add "DialupUseLanSettings=dword:00000001" to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
5. Reboot

Is this happening in CE 9 with the plug-in, or in CE 10?

I have AD single sign-on running in CE-10 and we are getting about a 3 second response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back