Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

active directory link one account password to another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2003
GB
Hi,

I would like to be able to do the following, if possible.

Create a central admin account under AD with strong password policy. No problem.

Create a site level account which maps to root under unix. this can be done.

Link the password from the site level account to the central admin account, to avoid having multiple accounts to change password. How do I do this ?

Questions.

Why have a separate site level account ?

Because the software under unix expects the account name to be of a format root_<site name>. Now this will differ under each site, so the solutions are;

1. Change the unix config files to directly refer to the admin account.
2. Get the above solution to work.

Thanks for any assistance.

Can you use SAMBA? That would allow your Unix system to look like a Windows Server and let you set rights to the shared folder to the Windows accounts.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Sorry,

SAMBA is not a runner.

Besides, the issue is not sharing files, it is for want of a better description being able to make a soft link between a specifically named account to an administration account, to allow the specifically named account to use any passwords set in the administration account.

I am unaware of any solutions that might fit that description, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back