Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory Integration for WebVPN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag62470

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2002
US
Hi All,

I'm new to the Cisco world. We purchased an ASA 5505 with the intention of setting up the WebVPN for remote users. How can I set it up to integrate with our Active Directory for user authentication.

Thanks,
Jacob

Thanks Matt. I will check it out.

I tried the steps in the Cisco article and I get the following message when I try to test the connection:

ERROR: Authorization Server not responding: AAA server has been removed.

Has anyone seen this before? What can I do to get this fixed?

Thanks,

Jacob Gomez
Technical Services
Faith Assembly of God

That means that the ASA is unable to contact the LDAP server. Make sure that you can ping from the ASA to the LDAP server and that the LDAP server is configured to respond to the ASA.

Beyond that, check your configuration and check the path through the network to make sure there is connectivity.

Matt
CCIE Security

Hi Matt,

I was able to ping the LDAP server from ASDM. How can I make sure that the LDAP server is configured to respond to the ASA? I'm using Microsoft Windows 2003 Active Directory.

Thanks.

Thanks,

Jacob Gomez
Technical Services
Faith Assembly of God

I finally broke down and called Cisco today.

They were able to help me figure out that the login dn was incorrect. Once we got that fixed it worked like a charm.

Thanks for all of your help and guidance.

Thanks,

Jacob Gomez
Technical Services
Faith Assembly of God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back