Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory - Full User Name Using trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

manmmadhok

Programmer
May 30, 2003
GB
Hi there..!

I am using Oracle 8.1.7
Need a some help...
I want to get the Full User Name against the Active Directory user Id. I can get the user Id from v$session table. now i want to get the full user name against the user id by using oracle function/procedure.
I can get the Full User name using VB application but I want to get the Full user name using Oracle as I need to put the Full User name on a table using ON INSERT/UPDATE trigger...

please do let me know whether this is possible and if it is please help me by providing a suitable solution.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated....

Many Thanks

Manish

Manish Madhok

Manish,

Trying to understand your question. Hope below helps

Code:
SQL> SELECT uid,user FROM dual;

UID USER
---------- ------------------------------
        61 SCOTT

SQL>  select username,user_id FROM user_users where user_id = uid
  2  /

USERNAME                          USER_ID
------------------------------ ----------
SCOTT                                  61

Sybaseguru: I suppose that where clause in the second statement is redundant, because this user_users view is already filtered and returns 1 row (current user).

Regards, Dima

If you want the full user name as stored in Active Directory (first name, middle name/initial, last name) you will need to write an "External Procedure" (Procedure written in C or JAVA that is callable by PL/SQL code). You can read more about this in the Oracle Applcation Developer's Guide - Fundamentals.

Thanks a lot for Anwering the query.
I am Sorry in case I was not able to explain the query properly.

I may have to do more research on what 'jee' told to do as I think that will solve the problem - provided I get the solution.

I will really appericiate if i can get more information about that..

Many Thanks
Manish

Manish Madhok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back