Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory error Close properties window...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrh981

Technical User
Jan 15, 2004
CA
Hi!
The SAGA continues!

When I try to open the property window for users or computers or any other element in the active directory link.

The properties window don't open but I get an error when I try to close the ACTIVE DIRECTORY WINDOW that says that one or several window are already open. The only way for me to get out of that is to end the process.

What Am I doing wrong?
What do I need to check and correct?

Thanks

mrh981

I don't believe you want to hear this but it sounds like your AD is totally corrupted.

If you have member servers as backup with AD then you will need to demote the AD server (PDC) promote the member server then reinstall AD

bob

Jones' Law
The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on.

OK!

Why is it when I restart the DC server it works fine.

After a day or two I end up in this situation?

The server is only for User Authentification.

I have re-installed this server twice so far.

Do you have an installation sequence to suggest.

Thanks

have you scanned for any back door virus on your network?

Not just the DC check everyone. It sounds like you are losing services slowely which is a sign of a virus.

bob

Jones' Law
The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on.

OK
I have norton for servers on it.

I'll make shure it actually works!

A my military drill sgt use to say

Check loty-doty-everybody!

who knows whose got it or as the old comercial use to say>

I got it from Sandy who got it from Paul, He got it from Earnistine who could've gotten it anywhere at all.

Can't help myself today - in a really good mood.

bob

Jones' Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back