Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEprofessional

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
US
Does anyone have a successful experience to share about upgrading to Active Directory?

Our NAs recently migrated to Active Directory and the communication did not reach us (the CE Administrators) until all our servers crashed. We have been using NT Athentification for a while now with no problems. We gave our servers the fully qualified names and changed CE to recognize them but all our users except the NAs ids are causing the CE system to crash . It looks very much like a priviledge problem but the NAs have truly configured the system the way Microsoft has recommended. Crytal has confirmed that.

Is there a fix to this????

Jason

Contact Technical Support.

Last time I spoke with them the patch for Active Directory Authentication for CE8.5 was supporsed to be released in March.

Good Luck

Thanks for the tip tid959. We have been working with Technical Support and a Crystal consultant and I think we almost have the problem fixed.

We made sure Crystal took the document that states they support ADS for CE85 off their web site because when you call them they say otherwise.

What... Crystal *NOT* supporting something they say they do..

I am SHOCKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back