Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory & ASP or CGI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueboyr

Vendor
Feb 10, 2002
US
Hey people,
I have a web page up and running, and everything work great. But, I want to start adding ASP and CGI scripts to help manage on line stuff easier. I am Using W2KServer. Is there anything special that I have to configure on the server to allow me to do this, Like Active Directory ?

I do know that I need Active Directory for the E-mail that I am going to be doing next. Just wondering about this.

Thanks. Bang...
Bang...
Crap...
I am dead...

Active Directory is not needed for ASP and should not be needed for CGI, either. AD is needed for Exchange 2000, however. I am not familiar with CGI, but as far as ASP, the default installation of IIS5 should include a file called ASP.DLL that parses your ASP code. You can verify this by going to 'Properties' of your website, 'Home Directory' tab, then press 'configuration', and there will be a list of files that handle certain extensions. For the extension .ASP you'll see ASP.DLL. Just write your ASP code, give the file an '.asp' extension, and you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back