Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Activation code for Office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrytype

Programmer
Jun 1, 2011
ZA
Having re-installed Office 2007 many times since 2007 AT LAST I can no longer obtain an Activation Code from MS.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Old Man Delphi

Did you called the MS phone support, they will definetly help you with the same, just tell them you were facing a lot of issues with the HDD and MotherBoard, Tell them this two part are been replaced multiple times.

Adrian G,
Hosted QuickBooks and 0ffice 365 Migration Expert

Thanks for the interest and useful suggestions.
As it happens I needed to replace the hardware and fortunate enough to find a replacement with Office 7 fully installed so no longer have this problem.

Thanks to great website!

Old Man Delphi

You do not obtain activation codes from MS - the product key supplied with Office when you bought it is the activation code.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Semantics, I think. terrytype is referring to the confirmation ID that Microsoft provide in response to providing the product ID (derived from the product code). Since it is the confirmation ID that is actually required to activate the product, many people consider it to be the real activation code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back