Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

activating scanner from a command button on a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

rummy

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2000
NZ
i have a form with a unbound object box in, and i want the user to be able to click on a command button which opens the scanner so access scans directly into the object box and saves the new scanned file out to path. any ideas anyone ?<br>

A Starting point would be to find the icon that runs your scanner and see if you can get it to pop up.<br><br>In Access your button would have<br><br>Dim RetVal<br>RetVal = Shell(&quot;C:\yourScannerProgram&quot;, 1) <br><br>then they could first of all scan and save manually.<br>If you press Ctrl-C on ht eimage in the scanner progrma then see if you can paste it in your form.<br><br>Also look at the &quot;AppActivate&quot; command <br>And the best wya would be a DDE link to the program if it supports that.<br><br>Is the Scanner a TWAIN device?<br>Does your scanner show up in a paint program you already have.<br><br><br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Once you open the app. (eg. Windows paint) How would you go about capturing the filename from Windows Paint into the database? &quot;All is not as it seems&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back