Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Activating NEC SL2100 Temporary License Failing

Tinos

Technical User
Nov 5, 2014
BW
Hi all.
I would like to activate temporary license on SL2100 to test SIP Trunks.
Command 90-55 fails to enable from web, PCPro and console. I enter digit 1 to enable or check-mark then after saving when I verify I find that it will have gone back to 0 or unchecked.
Commands 90-37 is not available on the system.
What am I doing wrong?

The license has probably expired! it is a one shot license for 30 days but once used, that is it! Use the 10 day license instead! 90-37 is only available from handset programming...
  1. Press the following buttons in order: SPEAKER # * # *
  2. Dial: 12345678, then press HOLD.
  3. Dial 90 37 01.
  4. Dial 10, then press HOLD.
  5. Press MUTE 2 times, then press SPEAKER.
Note you may need to reset the system to activate.

The license has probably expired! it is a one shot license for 30 days but once used, that is it! Use the 10 day license instead! 90-37 is only available from handset programming...
  1. Press the following buttons in order: SPEAKER # * # *
  2. Dial: 12345678, then press HOLD.
  3. Dial 90 37 01.
  4. Dial 10, then press HOLD.
  5. Press MUTE 2 times, then press SPEAKER.
Note you may need to reset the system to activate.
Thank you for the response. The above procedure also fails. On step 3 you can dial 90 36 or 90 38 and 90 37 fails so it wont get all the way to 90 37 01.
The SL2100 is straight out of the box and temporary license possibly not yet activated.

If the system is straight out of the box, you can register the CPU in LMS and activate one of the demo licenses from in there. Even if its not brand new, you can still grab demo licenses from LMS for the life of the system.

As for 90-57, this was changed from 90-36 on the 2100, so both program codes are one in the same. Unfortunately unlike the 8100 you cannot keep going in, resetting the day counter, and getting another 10 days off it, this was removed in the 9100/2100.

If you can find the license file in console, and delete it, you may be able to refresh the demo license, but I am yet to figure this out on a 2100.

So the only way is to use LMS and cannot active on the system itself?

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back