Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Activate EC500 remotely 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdrive

MIS
Jan 9, 2007
US
When our users are in the office they can turn ec500 on by pressing a button on their 6408 phone. Is there a way the user can remotely turn this on?

Thank you, that’s working now but I do have another question. When I have ec500 enabled and I call from my cell phone to a phone on the pbx it shows me cell phone # on the cid. Shouldn’t it be showing my extension # instead?

Thanks

I should clarify the remote access part, you'll want to
"change telecommuting-access" and add the number to activate the EC500 feature. If you take a look at this document, go to chapter 3 - station administration and then look at "mapping a host phone with extension to cellular"
this should be what your looking for.

When I have ec500 enabled and I call from my cell phone to a phone on the pbx it shows me cell phone # on the cid. Shouldn’t it be showing my extension # instead?

I would also like to know the answer to this. I am almost positive I have seen it come through as the extension # when my previous manager would call me from his cell through his pbx. He said all he did was dial into his switch and then dial my extension.

I figured it out. in the off-pbx-telephone station form, I had a "1" in front of my area code in the "Phone Number" section. I deleted the "1" and moved it over to the "Dial Prefix" section. Tested good. Now my ext. is coming up instead of my cell #.

Mojo, in the pdf it asks to “add off-pbx-telephone station-mapping” I don’t appear to have a off-pbx-telephone command. I’m using a G3xV11/s8700. Is this not available in my version?

If you have V12 or later you can also use the "change off-pbx feature-name-extensions" for some GOOD stuff:

Active Appearance Select:
Idle Appearance Select:
Automatic Call Back:
Last Number Dialed:
Automatic Call-Back Cancel:
Malicious Call Trace:
Call Forward All:
Malicious Call Trace Cancel:
Call Forward Busy/No Answer:
Off-Pbx Call Enable:
Call Forward Cancel:
Off-Pbx Call Disable: