Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Actionscript books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam14

Technical User
Nov 8, 2003
CA
I was doing a search on actionscripting books. I know virtually nothing about it. Can anyone recommend a good book for an absolute beginner? I saw "Actionscripting for Dummies" - and I'm not above that. Also, I trying to learn actionscripting for Flash 5, is it much of a jump if/when I jump to mx? Thanks. If not, might you know of a good website with tutorials? I've been going through the tutorials at actionscript.org, but it's not really hitting what I need. Thanks again.

Adam

When I went through learning actionscripting for Flash 5, my main sources were the tutorials that shipped with the software and There used to be a site named flash5actionscript.com or flash5actionscripting.com, or something very similar, but I can't find it, so it may have changed names or dissappeared.

Thanks so much. I did a search and found which is the successor to Flash5actionscript.com. I've done quite a bit of searching for good websites, so it's great to have a referral. Thanks.

'ActionScript for Flash MX - the Definite Guide' by Colin Moock is far and away the best book on programming in Flash. Absolutely essential in my opinion.

Thanks, wangbar. How much of it is still applicable to Flash 5? Will I still be able to get most of what I need for it?

You could get the previous edition...

And even visit Moock's site...

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Thanks, oldnewbie. You guys are a great help!!! Just as I remembered. :)

That worked out great!!! At amazon, because Flash 5 isn't the newest version, I got that book for $14.77 including shipping and handling. The store here in Canada doesn't even sell it anymore, but the mx version was over $80. That you all so much for your input.

I bought Macromedia Flash MX Actionscripting - Training from the source and it is one of the best books i have ever bought - enough said.

I've started to shop around for books also. Who is the author of that book? Macromedia Flash MX Actionscripting - Training from the source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back