Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

actions of one .swf controlling actions of another .swf

Status
Not open for further replies.

GD03

Programmer
Oct 20, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a musical jukebox on a project i am making and the way I did it was on the main timeline I have a script

stop();
unloadMovieNum(66);
loadMovieNum("song1swf",66);

Then at the end of each swf (which is each song in the jukebox) I load the next song so the swf's loop from 1,2,3 and back to 1.

But I give the option to choose each individual song by loading up each seperate swf. I have song info that is displayed on the main timeline, so the button for each song leads you to a different frame on the main timeline.

But, for example, a person chooses song 2 and it plays and then proceeds to song 3 but the info still displays song 2. Because it has stopped on that frame. Is there a way to move to a different frame on the main timeline when one song.swf passes to the next?

Thank you for your help,
GD

First, if you keep loading your sound movies on level 66, there's no need to unload the previous movie, since loading the new one, will automatically replace the previous one.

As for moving on the main timeline, when you load the next song at the end of one song, add something like...

_level0.gotoAndStop(_level0._currentframe+1);

Might be different when you're looping back to the fisrt song, but since you're probably checking for that, then you can adapt the _level0 call accordingly.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Thank you for the help!

How would I be able to go to a specific frame of a movie clip within the main swf?

GD

_level0.movieclip.gotoAnd...

"movieclip" would be the instance name.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Thank You again oldnewbie! It worked perfectly with the movieclip. If you want credit for your help I am posting my site in the next 2 weeks so if you email me with your website or anything else just let me know.

GD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back