Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Actions Firing twice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oppenhiemer

Programmer
Jun 28, 2001
GB
Hi -

Not sure if Im in the minority here, but has anyone else experieced Actions firing twice when only clicked (called) once ?

I have some code that is behind a TActionMenu items OnExecute, when clicked on - is executed twice (for no apparent reason.)

I suspect its (yet another) bug in Delphi's TAction coponents as if I place "Showmessage('Executing')" after my code - the action fires only once (as expected.)

I am using Deplhi 7 with Borlands ActionsBands Update installed as well as the one released by Steve Trefethen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers..

Opp.

it happened to me too... i think it's because of the way that borland compiles the code. like all compilers, it does a code optimisation before actually creating the native code. this is where the key lies.

--------------------------
"two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do" - the unknown sage

Actually, upon further investigation - I have found that its not the action itself that is at fault but rather the TActionMenuBar.

If I call the action from a speedbutton - it behaves as expected. Guess I will have to wait till I purchase the next version of Delphi or Borland releases a fix for this problem

Cheers..

Opp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back