Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

action won't do as told ..... ahhhhh.... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

2cxc

Programmer
Aug 29, 2003
CA
This is driving me crazy cause sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I have a menu that is called into another swf, with the first frame action:
if (_level0.valo=="1a1") {
gotoAndStop(10);
} else {
gotoAndStop(11);
}

play();

//second frame:
gotoAndStop(10);
} else {
gotoAndStop(11);
}

// frame 10 and 11:
stop ();

in one of the html page i have embed another swf with a string like so ...swf?valo=101

so when that specific html is called everything is set in motion and the menu movie called into that html goes to frame 10 and stops. From that specific html page if a menu option from the menu.swf is on(press) it goes to another html 9i'll call html2) and the menu doesn't pick up the string cause there is no string and the menu stops on frame 11. This all work perfectly EXCEPT, if i clear the cache and refresh html2 the menu goes and stops on frame 10 even though there is no string, if i hit refresh again (without clearing the cache) the page loads and the menu stops on 11.

so why does clearing the cache and reloading the page cause the menu to think there is a string OR cause the menu to ignor the begining actions and play to the first stop (frame10):
gotoAndStop(10);
} else {
gotoAndStop(11);
}

ahhhh... there is some sort of weird conflict here and its driving me CRAzY..ahhhhhhhhhhhh... please help!
Thanksssssss!

Hi

I think that you are not giving the velo time to load thats why it doesnt work when you clear the cache.

Just my 2c worth.

how would i give it time?

I placed the:
gotoAndStop(10);
} else {
gotoAndStop(11);
}

action farther down the time line, I just wish it would the valo decision would happen before it displays the menu, the first two frames are blank except with the action, any suggestions?

is there a way to say don't include frames 10 & 11 in the loading process until valo is determined?

wait a second... the reason i need to go to frame 10 over 11 or vice-versa is to produce a different over-state image of the menu buttons, so this struck me---> is it possible to load a movie into the overstate of a button (using flash5)?

You can insert a movie clip in the "over" state.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

good call, blank mc loading an external one... thanks for the thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back