Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Actinic Problems with Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvert

Technical User
Jun 26, 2000
GB
After installing Actinic v4, on my W98SE PC with Access 97 already installed and running well, when I try to run queries I get an "Close Down" error with an Invalid Page Fault at OLEAU32.DLL at 017f:65350786.
I have un-installed Actinic and removed all traces (as far as I can see!) including Registry mentions. The problem is still there.

What has the installation of Actinic done to my installation of Access 97?

Does anyone have any idea about conflicts between these two programs? This is the second time! To cure the problem first time I formatted the hard drive and completely re-installed everything. All was fine until I loaded Actinic again. Same error problem as before, same page etc!

Your OLE automation file components are messed up. What appears to have happened is that your application overwrote the newer or different OLE components. You may have to rename your OLE component files like the one you mentioned and reinstall Access because the Access installation may or may not overwrite what your other app put in.

Gary
gwinn7

Dear Gary

Many thanks for your rapid response and solution. Do you have a list of all the Access OLEs so that I can change them for ones that work!! Actinic are being incredibly slow to respond. Their view was that there is no conflict between Actinic and Access and it must be my "unstable" files!

I am trying to re-find a mention in the MS Knowlegde base that tells me how to COMPLETELY remove Access.

Any help you can offer would be really appreciated!

Regards

Calvert

The OLE components may be updated/installed by MS Office, but not exclusive to Office.

At the top of my head, I am not sure which ones are exactly the ones installed by Office. Here is a list to get you started. They mostly seem to start with "OLE..".

OLESVR.DLL
STDOLE.DLL
OLEPRO32.DLL
OLECLI.DLL
OLEAUT32.DLL

IMPORTANT NOTE!
The above list is NOT necessarily exhaustive; stick with the article you found. Remember, I am only suggesting that you RENAME these files. I am NOT recommending you actually delete them.

Goodluck!

Gary
gwinn7

Dear Gary

Many thanks for your new help! It is great to know that someone out there is willing to help! I am going on the MS site next

Regards
Calvert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back