Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Actinic or Miva?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wardy

ISP
Jul 27, 2001
GB
I've been asked to build full online store for client in UK (my first one- although very experienced at web design), ideally i'd like ability to create further stores in future without having to fork out lots of cash each time(hence appeal of actinic developer). Want ability to customise stores, style sheets etc.
I definetely wouldnt describe myself as programmer, so want the idiot proof solution. Although Miva merchant seems so popular, any suggestions, can i buy one version of miva & create difeerent stores for various clients without spending lots of cash each time? Anybody know problems with either software?etc

As a Miva Merchant user that has opened several stores, I can appreciate the feeling of getting hit each time (or doing what I do: buy hosting where I lease a license rather than pay for it outright).

If you go the outright purchase route, each different domain requires a full license. However, if you use the "mall" approach, you can open multiple stores under one domain and pay a smaller "additional store" license.

I've been looking around for some software that I can purchase once and then use for multiple stores, but haven't found a decent solution that matches my budget (both dollars and time).

I know this isn't much help, and I've not looked at Actinic to make a comparison. --------------
School supplies for the needy:

Thanks for help. I've spoken to several companies in UK, and they say for the price, Actinic Developer is best bet. Also v6 is released sept/oct and this is meant to be very good solution for price. I will take this route (mainly because its $1250 one-off to create as many different stores as i can, and then $200 for each store owner to access orders at their end.

Have you ever checked EROL.

we are Actinics main UK competitor and we kill them in terms of price,functionality,support and service. Out only problem is getting our name more widely known.

Check our unmoderated forums to see what our users say about us, and if you need any further support please don't hesitate to contact support@erol.co.uk

filf: erol dev team.

How about Storefront from storefront.net

I have bought one for $250 and you can use it to as many
stores you want.

I've played with it and it seems okay, although I have to really sit down and seriously learn it.

roland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back