Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT! Mail Merge--trying to preview emails before sending them

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtheborg

Technical User
Aug 21, 2006
US
I have my database in ACT, and use Outlook for email. I want to have the option of previewing emails (and possibly customizing them) prior to sending them.

Every time I do a test run, the email is sent automatically, without giving me a change to look them over--any advice on how to do this? I want to prepare all the emails automatically, and then send them out manually.

TIA.

Did you find an answer I do not see a resolution and I have the same issue.

I have a work around solution, Complete a mail merge to only one person, you can then edit and CC to additional contacts if need be. This actually works for me as I needed to cc everyone on the list, so it would be visible to all.

Actually, I have a unique attachment for each individual (I send statements). My idea was to have a way to have the statements married to the correct email addresses...to reduce operator error. Sigh. I love Access for this stuff...I could have built it myself.

I have a different solution. When I Mail Merge an email in Act, it puts all the emails to be sent out into my Outlook Outbox. If you want to preview all emails before then are sent - then simply disconnect your computer from the internet so nothing gets sent out. Connect back up when you are happy with all the emails in the outbox and they will then be sent.
A bit weird but it does work.

iamtheborg,

How do you create the statements? Maybe there is a different solution.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
For ACT! by Sage and ACT! for Lotus Notes

Thanks for posting. The statements are individual pdf files...no way around that. I've just continued doing this by hand. It's tedious and makes me want to stand on my head, but...it's working OK. Until I make an error.

What do you use to create the PDF files?
How are they named?

Also, what version of ACT!?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
For ACT! by Sage and ACT! for Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back