Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Act! integrate with existing MS SQL database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinKiejko

Programmer
Jun 7, 2008
CA
Hello,

We are looking for an integration solution as we store all of our contact information in a web app MS SQL database and we are looking at getting Act! for our sales team. We would like them to be able to retrieve the latest information, and be able to add/update and change the contact information in the MS SQL database, while maintaining their CMS details (notes, invoicing, contact history, etc.) in an Act! database. Anyone know of any products that could act as a bridge to map fields and synchronize between Act! and an existing MS SQL DB?

Regards,

Kevin

Mike,

Would itImport update every time Act was started?

Are there no third party software solutions that could be used to map the fields? What if I just wanted Act to display the Act Contact ID when viewing a contact? How would I go about doing that? If I have that, then I may be able to create a link between the two systems.

Kevin

itImport has an option that can run as a service to update ACT! in the background

To create a link between the system (if you want it to write to ACT!) you MUST use the SDK.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Kevin,

We have done some custom 2 way sync engine to sync Data betwen ACT & SQL. Please let me know if you are interested to know learn more.

Regards,
nj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back