Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT crashes every time I try to email

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpalm

Vendor
Oct 23, 2002
US
Every time I click on a contact's email or go to Email in the Preferences menu, Act freezes and cannot even be shut down with the Task Manager. I downloaded the latest update for the software, but it hasn't helped at all. I am using outlook for email, I have Script Blocking turned off in Norton Anti Virus, and I still can't get it to work. Any ideas?

If you are still having this problem, let me know what version of outlook you are using as well as the OS version of the machine that is having the problem and I will see if I can get an answer to you.

Chuck

I am having the same issue with 1 user at my office. The software on the machine is different then above. We use Lotus Notes 6.0.1, Office 2000, Windows 2000 Pro. The email is set up and does work correctly but at times ACT will just lock up when the user is trying to send an email or trying to do a lookup. You have to crtl+alt+del the program and start over. The database is saved on the network and all users access that main database and when the users log on or off the database synchs down to a mapped drive that is setup on the server for offline files. Hope someone can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back