Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Act! 9 2007 - Problems with address fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirectMarketingMan

Technical User
May 15, 2007
GB
Hi

I've just had a pack returned (one that i mail merged from Act! 9 into a word 2003 template).

This is the address block from the template:
<Contact>
<Company>
<Address 1>
<Address 2>
<Address 3>
<City>
<County>
<Postcode>

When I merge the document it put my address 2 and my city in the letter. When i inserted the merge fields into the document the "contact" field type was selected.

Also I did another template yesterday again the "contact" field type was seleceted but this time i got the following fields:
<Contact>
<Company>
<Business Line 1>
<Business Line 2>
<Address 3>
<Business City>
<Business State>
<Business Postal Code>

Can anyone explain the difference should the letter that went wonky when merged have the "business" fields as above?

Thanks

Paul

Did you create both templates?
Were they both created with the same database?
What are the field names in the database <Address 1> or <Business Line 1>
What happened when you tried to merge them (did one work)?
If you're running 9.01, can you install Hotfix1 as well?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Hi Mike

Yeah I created both templates and yes they were created with the same database. It was originally an Act 6 database that has recently been imported into Act 9. The field names in the database say Address1 and NOT Business Line 1.

Must amit the Business Line 1 did work so not sure what is happening.

Where do i get Hotfix1?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Mike

Thanks for that - just tried to run the hotfix and it would not let me says it is for version 9.1. My version is 9.0.0.175 English (United Kingdom). When i clicked the Act update it says i laready have the latest version.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back