Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT 6 for palm pilot - data on palm already... need to sync with pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadduci

MIS
Nov 6, 2002
US
Hello, I have a user that already has ACT 6 for palm installed on his palm pilot with data. I then installed the ACT 6 on to his windows xp pc that he already hotsync's with. Due to the fact I want to sync that palm data with a new ACT database he has created on the desktop I am unsure of the proper installation sequence to accomplish my goal.

When I tried installing the ACT 6 for palm on the desktop it told me it was going to overwrite any databases already on the palm. So at this point I aborted the installation.

In other words... how can I sync the palm data on the palm in the ACT application with the desktop pc running ACT 6.0?

Thoughts?

Tony

ACT linc allows you to override the act database with the palm contact info. If he is already syncing to this PC be sure to make a backup of that database prior to the next sync.

Unknown to me Act for Palm replaced ACT Link 2.0 for the Palm OS. I have not upgraded and probably won't since my next move will be to ACT! 2005 which is not currently supported by ACT for Palm. I searched the ACT website fro a download of ACt Link 2.0 but could not find it any where. Even thought tey reference using it for ACT 2005 till they come out with a new version of Act for Palm.

Check the sync and conduit settings in Act for Palm once you install it but prior to syncing. There should be a separate setting for contacts, activities and to-do's, and you should be able to overide the default setting which is that the PC ovewrites the handheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back