Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT! 6 & Crystal Reports 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

philn99

Technical User
May 24, 2003
GB
I have just started to use Crystal Reports 9 with my ACT! 6 database.

I need to create a sales report by record manager, but the record manager field has an encrypted code in it.

Does anyone know how to access the record manager's name?

Hello philn99,

Review this Crystal Reports Knowledge Base article: Although it was written for CR7 it is true for all versions of Crystal Reports.

Follow this link to download the ACT! table linking structure. It will be usefull when creating reports. Go to support.crystaldecisions.com and search for: act_table_linking.pdf

Be sure to download and install the latest "Hot Fix" for Crystal Reports.

Hope this helps,
Michael

Thanks for your comments below. Unfortunately I still have the problem. Has anyone actually got V9 Crystal Reports working completely with an ACT! 6 database?

I have this problem also. It looks like the ACT! 6 database structure is different than the previous versions. I cannot find a valid schema anywhere. For example, I am not seeing the Activities and Groups tables that were listed in Crystal's Act Linking PDF. I would be happy to get version 8.5 or 9 of Crystal to work with ACT! 6.

I have this problem as well. I download the PDF on the linking of the ACT! tables and downloaded the most recent Service Pack however The record manager still has encrypted on skewed data. Is there any way around this?? I need a report with a parameter for the Record Manager.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back