Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT! 2007 - Opportunities and Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierreRJMC

Technical User
Jan 3, 2007
US
Hello World,

I am considering migrating to the Act!9 from Act!6 but I still cannot do what I'd like to with the opportunities.

My firm is an intermediary between 2 parties and I often present a contact to another.
I would like to use the opportunities to be able to follow who I introduced to who, for what reason, and what was the outcome.

Act!9 allows me to link an opportunity to more than 1 company but there are still a few more things I could not figure out just yet.

I need a date field only for specific opportunities. The field should be empty by default and filled out with a specific date from time to time.

Do you know if there is a way to keep the 'estimated closing date' field empty in Act! Standard?
In the Premium version?

-------------

Also, is there a way to produce a report based on a list of opportunities showing information issued from the Contacts (phone number, title, etc.)

For instance, I introduce a client to 40 contacts, leads are at various stages (he met some, had phone contact with others...).
I want to produce for my client a report showing all 40 opportunities & stages with, for each opportunity, detail on the contact I introduced him to: Company name, Title, email, phone number...

Can I do that?

So far, I've created an opportunity for each contact introducted and linked it to my client.
(I have also tried creating a 'product' per client/project and 'selling' that product to the contacts)

I can see in my client's card all the opportunities linked to him, but when I print a report, I only see the fields comprised in the 'opportunity database'.

I cannot figure out how to link the 'opportunity database' to the 'contact database'.

Any idea by any chance?

Thank you for you ideas, comments, or inputs. I am stuck here and any new idea is more than welcome at this point.

Thanks,

Pierre

The fields issue - you have 8 extra fields that you can customise in the Premium version (Web and Workgroups)

Re the report - Not sure, but try:
Roy at (best for ACT! Report Writer)
Tami or Steve at (even more advanced reports using Crystal)

Both sell packs of reports or can create custom work for you

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back