Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT!2007 - Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierreRJMC

Technical User
Jan 3, 2007
US
Hi,
I am migrating from Act!6.0 to Act!2007 and I am wondering if there is a possibility to get rid of the arrow for drop-down lists on the layout?

We are using many fields and have a need to see them all on a single tab. With Act!6, we could do that because the drop-down arrow for a field only appeared once you clicked in the field, thus saving space.

Any idea how we can do that?

Also, still in the layout domain, I converted my database twice: TestA and TestB.
I redid the whole layout in TestA to fit with ACT!2007 (colors did not transfer well and it was unusable).

I tried to copy the new layout and paste in the layout folder of TestB database but all the fields but Act! standard fields (addresses, phones, Contact) are grey and do not match, even if the fields names are exactely the same in both TestA and TestB.

Do you have any idea how I can go around this problem?

Thanks

Pierre

Sorry, with the new veersions of ACT!, if the field has a drop-down, the arrow always shows.

Did you bring TestA and TestB in with the same fields in the same order?

Try opening the layout in the layouts editor in the new database?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your answer for the drop down arrows, I was afraid of that answer unfortunately. :(

I converted TestA and TestB from the same DB, in the same order (I chose the automatic conversion by ACT!) and both are in the same folder.

It sounds strange to me too. If I open the layout made in TestA when I am in TestB, all the fields appear but they are not linked to any field in the DB.

I tried converting again my original layout from TestB and it seems that the fields are referred to differently (if you open the layout file in a text editor, it is actually a xml file.)
In TestA, one field is referred to as picklist560 with a uniqueID whereas the same field is picklist687 with a different unique idea in TestB.

I guess my question is more: is this normal, should I expect to redo the whole layout a 3rd time after the final conversion of the DB?
Have you ever had that problem?

Thanks,

Pierre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back