Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACT 2007 9.0 Installation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

s97ai

ISP
Dec 28, 2006
GB
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you guys have come across a error message while installing Act 9.0. After installation it gives me error message 'Database connection cannot be opened' I tried everything installed as an administrator, turned off all the firewalls and antivirus reinstalled it but still same message, on some machines its working fine. ANy suggestions

Haven't seen that error, maybe try one of these:

If they don't help:
Can you confirm the exact error?
Does any other error message appear?
Is there anything in the Windows log?
Can it open a local database?

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Thats whats showing in Event log. Also during installation it gives something like cant update 13001 error
An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for QueueProviders: Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Outlook.Service.AppCommon, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) (C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Outlook.Service.exe.config line 4)

The error message is 'Failed to open database connection'.

YOu are right for some reason though it does install sql components but not sql server2005. Now I have called sage support as well and guess what they still cant sort it out!!

No Mike, for some reason it just keeps on giving same error. I even manually uninstalled everything now I bought the ACT support package as well but still no solution I did tell them that I want to speak to someone senior because I think there is a deffect in a programme itself.

More likely it's something on your system conflicting with the progeam. If there was a defect in the program, every one would have the problem.

I would not have uninstalled it... although, if you did, make sure SQL Server and .Net were also uninstalled before reinstalling.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Well the problem is sorted, and the solution well new bulid from ACT, so my verdict on ACT ver 9.0.0.175 is its crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back