Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACSS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwing112000

Vendor
Oct 5, 2004
US
guys,
I have my ACS in IPO. I am in the US. is it supposed to be credited into the new ACSS?

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Nope, my missus has just been watching Eragon and my profile loads by default, so...... in your face loser :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Andy, i had the same feeling.

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

BTW does anyone know when the end of the Beta trial period is, and so when we found out by how much we failed :)

14 march is the last day to take it.
So effectively 15 March it is over :)

Imagine away, I got loads wrong.... having never actually touched SIP, Contact Store or CCR, also I have only used 1XP for 5 mins on the first ever beta as our test server exploded. That + the fact I've been on site for the last 3 weeks and so not much revision = Fail...at least I know what to revise for the 2 hr test now :)

You have to week at least 5 weeks before the results are there so you probably forgot you took it by that time :)
I have asked Avaya when the results will be there.

Beta Testing Period Closed
Effective Sunday, March 14, 2010, the ACSS - SME Communications BETA Exam (3000.2B) testing period will be completed, and the Beta Exam will no longer be available at Pearson VUE testing centers.

Available ACSS- SME Communications Exam
The ACSS - SME Communications Exam (3000.1) will continue to be offered at Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide for you to earn the ACSS- SME Communications Certification. This prior exam version is not a Beta Exam, therefore a promotion code is not required to register.

On April 15, 2010, Avaya University will launch the updated ACSS - SME Communications Exam (3000.2), which will include questions determined by the Beta testing results.

Thank you for your interest in the ACSS – SME Communications Beta Exam and for making this Beta testing period extremely successful

If its not broke tweak it..

Guys I can't express how happy I am that you found that test on the difficult side of things. I got out of the testing centre and thought I have to hit something to get my eyes to normal again and to get rid of the frustration because of the stupid questions in it. But I put lots of comments into it and it will take them an hour to go through that, just a little revenge :)
I went home and looked up all the questions (or answers better) that I had no clue about and they were not easy to come by.
OK I remembered about 20 or so not all of the 187

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

insanity is just a state of mind

There were some really stupid questions, such as this one I memorised word for word:

What is the minimum information required to spec and build an IP Office (Mark two answers)

A - The number of employees
B - Applications
C - Location
D - Business type
E - Number of Servers
F - Server type,OS and server role

....What the f*ck are you talking about? What applications.. the one's they want or the ones they have, what servers are you talking about? Number of employees...wouldn't you want to know the number of handsets and type. There were other examples like that but that one stuck in my head as just pathetic :)

ha ha.
i've said it before, the exams are built on a "make all distractors plausible" basis. which translates to "make everything as daft as possible".

ACSS-SME
Get well soon Aaron.

Minimum is the key word. So I would say Number of Employees and Applications.

How many people > 50
You can equip phones and modules and trunking

Apps:VMPro?
CCR?
UMS?
etc

I feel ya though. I refused to burn my head down taking that one.

It's people like you who generalize.

That's the thing CarGoSki, in an exam for a certification there should be no room for interpratation, what the question asks should be exactly what they want. If two people can read the question differently then you will get two diferent answers but both will be correct from that perspective however one will fail. Nobody should ever fail an exam due to poorly worded questions, if you are going to place such importance on certification you need to do the job properly and not cheapen the whole thing in this manner :)

Andy, that is why it is a beta :)

This kind of questions probably get ditched.
Those cost effective questions are annoying too!
But if you think logical there is only one good answer.

Cost effective design is the job for the salesman, Avaya know this that's why those questions are in the Sales certification exam, I don't need to know which way of doing things is cheapest and I don't know the cost of most of the equipment nor should I. They sell it - I build it hence the "Implement". Anyway it's finished now.....time for Beers :)

if you are going to place such importance on certification"

i don't think they have. i genuinely think they have taken a step backwards with the new scheme.

12 months ago, taking and passing my ACA was something i wanted to achieve, with the idea of working up through ACS and (possibly in time) ACE.

now i suddenly have the highest credential i can get on this platform, and i'm not meaning to undersell myself, but i still have an awful lot to learn. frankly i found the ACSS exam a peice of piss.

I think there was a clear definition of your skillset with the old credentials. ACA, fully competent with the basics. ACS, competent with the basics, well versed in the advanced apps. ACE, johnny big bollocks, knowledge only bettered by the documentation (HA!).

i'm glad i passed, but it doesnt actually feel like i've achieved anything. With the old scheme, it would have. If you have an ACE, you have my full respect.

ACSS-SME
Get well soon Aaron.

Had some strong herb drink stuff and having another one right now :)

I think there was a clear definition of your skillset with the old credentials. ACA, fully competent with the basics. ACS, competent with the basics, well versed in the advanced apps. ACE, johnny big bollocks, knowledge only bettered by the documentation (HA!).

i'm glad i passed, but it doesnt actually feel like i've achieved anything. With the old scheme, it would have. If you have an ACE, you have my full respect.

I think that sums up an ACE....

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back