Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS with VoiceGate Voice Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcom

Vendor
Jul 27, 2010
US
Has anyone run into a Voice Wizard. One of my customers took over a new building with an ACS R7 installed. A Voice Wizard, by Voicegate was hanging on the wall but not connected. No manuals or software CDs were left on site. I guess the last company that was there left in a hurry, (bad financial times). I found a start-up PDF on the Internet, powered up Voice Wizard & connected it to the ACS,2 ports, using the secondary V W passcode, I was able to get rudimentary VM functions going, but the voice quality of the prompts on this thing are terrible, I can't access system commands. I was wondering if I can access the internals through hyper-terminal on my laptop, or do I need to pay Voicegate for CDs.
Thanks for any thing anyone can add.
Jimcom

I'm not familiar with Voicegate products. Ir it looks like you're at a dead end, suggest to the customer that they switch to an Avaya Partner Messaging.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

You need a null modem cable and you would connect your laptop to the serial dongle. I have a manual in my truck at work, when I get there tomorrow I will send you the comm port settings.

The Comm Port settings are:
N

The ASCII Sending setting is:
Send line ends with line feeds
Echo typed character locally
Line Delay: 0 milliseconds
Character Delay: 0 milliseconds

ASCII Receiving:
Append line feed to incoming line ends
Force incoming data to 7-bit ACSII
Wrap line that exceed terminal width

the codes using terminal emulation are:
u- to enter system admin
r- refresh screen
g- digit grabber
m- menu
d- mailbox display
c- copy company greeting
i- system information
t- set time and date
l- line control
s- call statistics
w- clear menu window
The commands once you are in system administration are:
r- move right
l- move left
w- move down
u- move up
p- previous page
n- next page
s- save
m- menu

Thanks anyway Dexman.
Jinxs, Got it, thanks. I had most of that info from the Start-up guide I found, but the master Password has been changed. Using the secondary password, I can manage users,and company greetings, but not the system. Looks like Dexman might be right, I'll prolly end up putting a mail VS or Messaging in. Was hoping to save them the expense, at least until they're fully staffed.

We all love2 "FEATURE 00"

Because the VS has been out of production for quite a while, I'd lean towards the Messaging. There are A.P.M. units still in the pipeline even though the Partner platform is MD'ed.

I also like INTERCOM *777! [roll2]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Dexman, I know, but I have a couple working VSs in the storeroom, and these guys are all about saving $$$.
It's a used car store right now. Eventually it will be a Jap car franchise dealership. That's when we'll upgrade them to the good stuff, or maybe even an IPO 6.1 in both their dealership locations to tie them together. :)

If they do decide to go with the Partner Mail VS, see if you have a patched R5 on hand. Any other revision will result in problems with the DND feature. [sad]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

I'll check, thanks.
and Merry Christmas !!

Merry Christmas Jim!!! [santa][santa2][santa3][santa4]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back