Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS V4 and Bogen TPU-15a Night Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkfoley

Vendor
Dec 16, 2002
US
I've been told that I can use the TPU-15a with the Partner ACS without any special devices, is this true and if so how?

Thanks!
Rick

PS - I meant for Night Bell ...

Thanks Again,
Rick

In looking at a pdf of the installation manual, I see that the TPU-15A has "night bell" built in via dry contacts. So you would need another piece of hardware, a 90VAC relay (Wheelock makes one, I could find a part number on it next week). You would connect the coil of this relay to a Partner station port, and the contacts of the relay to the dry contact night ring input of the Bogen. Program the Partner station to no ring on incoming, and put it in the night service group, and of course add a night service button to Ext. 10.

I was heading in that general direction. Have not worked with Lucent/Avaya much and the previous owner of the business, were the system is located, -claimed- that they had a night bell with just the equipment that was there. Abd if course -claimed- it stopped working when I made programming changes.

I will look for the relay as well Monday and if you happen to have a moment to drop me the part number from Wheelock I would appreciate it.

Thanks Much!
Rick

Hi,
The customer may have had a night ringer on a port. Not through the paging amp. The Bogen TPU-15 does need additional hardware to active the night ringer. Check the wiring for an SLP type connection and look for a bell or electronic ringer. If they exist then reprogram the extension(s) in the Night service group. (#504)
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back