Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS R7 Power Supply Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

klg1

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2003
US
Partner ACS R7 - power supply believed bad. Phone displays and dialtone goes from quiet to load every few seconds, then repeats, like a capacitor not holding its charge. Intermittent spontaneous ringing. These symptoms on all stations.

I'm willing to replace the power supply to see if that corrects things. PCB traces on each end of component L103 look heat-affected, otherwise no "visible" component damage.

Repair may be possible, but for the time spend, I'd rather try a new PS. Does anyone have a recommendation on a reputable place that sells these?

Always lots of good help here. Thanks in advance for any advice!

klg1

Also wanted to add that I tried defaulting the processor in an attempt to clear-up some of the strange symptoms, but this didn't seem to help things.

Thanks!

check "metroline direct" they also sell "like new" systems and we have had pretty good luck with them.....not perfect luck but good enough to still do business with them

Steve
We're doing this stuff for the wealth and fame right?

Every so often, replacement power supplies for Partner ACS equipment will appear on eBay.

If the processor is still under warranty, contact the company that it was purchased from. There are many places that repair Partner ACS equipment. Head over to Google and poke around.

If you would like to purchase a new processor, some options include (in no particular order):

Metroline Direct: (Gray Market)
Atelephonesystem.com (Authorized Avaya Business Partner)
A local Authorized Avaya Business Partner in your area.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back