Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS R6 with Partner Mail R4 missing selector code option

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetac

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2006
US
Hello, I'm trying to setup an Auto Attendant on a Partner Mail R4. I can't find the option for selector codes though. I have followed the following steps:

1 - Press Intercom, dial 777
2 - Dial 99#
3 - Dial password and #
4 - Dial 9
5 - Dial 3 for auto attendant programming
6 - Dial 1 for day menu, or 2 for night menu
7 - Dial 6 to modify the menu

I thought there would then be an option to dial a selector code but all I get is a prompt to record or play back the menu greeting. I must be missing something.

Thanks, as always!

You can't set selector codes in the Night menu. Whatever you set in the Day menu will work in the Night menu as well.

ok, that makes sense but it's also where I get confused. The only time AA will be used is after hours. During normal business hours ASA picks up the call if they can't get to it right away. When the AA answers (only at night), they want option 1 to be announcement, option 2 to go to one mailbox, option 3 to goto another mailbox and then have dial 0/timeout goto general mailbox. My thought was to set only a day menu and set VMS hunt delay to 4 rings (1 more than ASA pickup) and VMS Hunt Schedule set to Always. When they leave for the night they can just turn off ASA and the daytime AA which supports selector codes will pick up. The problem with that is I can't find the option for dial 0/timeout, whereas it is defaulted in the night menu.

Is it best to set the AA recording in NIGHT AA (since this is the only time it will be played) and selector code definitions in DAY AA and add a NIGHT button for when they leave the office? I would also like to disable options 4-9 since only 1-3 will be used.

Sorry, typically setup IP Office with VM Pro or Asterisk-based solutions so I'm not too familiar with these mail systems. Thanks for the help!!

It is more of a programming hassle to set the codes in the day, but then record the greeting in night, but for the client it will make a lot more sense to just press a Night button.

Set the function of the selector codes under the DAY menu, when finished modifying the selector codes, and prompted to record a new greeting, press # to keep the current (default) recording in place.

Then record the customer's night message as the Night prompt.

Set the VMS Hunt Group Rings to 1, set the VMS Hunt Schedule to Night Only, put a Night Service button on Ext. 10. Pressing the Night Service button will cause the Auto Attendant to answer with the Night Message, and since the number of rings is less than the ASA rings, things will work even if they forget to turn off ASA.

You can't set the Dial-0/timeout option on a Release 4 VS mail - it's going to transfer to Ext. 10. You can't disable selector codes, but you can set them to transfer to Ext. 10, so if the caller presses a digit that doesn't do something you want, it will redirect to Ext. 10.

ok great, thanks! When in NIGHT mode will ext 10 pick up immediately? Also, stupid question... how do you blank out a button that has something programmed on it? It is easy with SPM but I can't seem to figure it out in central programming.

Select the button to erase then press HFAI.

Thanks everyone! Final question: since AA timeout transfers to ext 10 on R4, is it possible to remove the "transferring to receptionist" message on transfer and have the recording play right away? I could add a VMS cover button but that would be 2 buttons they would need to activate at night (NIGHT mode and VMS cover).

Thanks!

You can't remove the "Transferring to Receptionist" recording, it's hard coded (and an annoyance to those at Ext. 10 who AREN'T receptionists)

A VMS Coverage button would be counter-productive, because you want Auto VMS Coverage assigned already, and a VMS Coverage button would allow your user to turn OFF their VMS Coverage, and not receive voicemail messages.

If you put Ext. 10 in DND, the calls will hear the "Transferring to Receptionist" message, and then the mailbox would answer right away.

Also, Selector Code 9 (only) has the ability to "record a message in mailbox 10", bypassing the recording and ringing, and need for DND. But it is hard to get callers to actually listen and respond to a greeting that instructs them to press 9 to leave a message in the general mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back