Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS Partner point to point T-1/DID mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

panhead13

Vendor
Apr 16, 2004
US
I have a ACS r6.04. The upgrade T-1 problem patch has been installed. System has been programmed with the channels programmed as DID. The DID mapping table has been programmed. We can access the point to point T-1 and call into the NEC system in Michigan. The problem I have is when the NEC system dials their access code, the call begin to ring. It does not allow them to dial an Ext. #.

Shouldn,t their access code when dialed, wink the ASC and allow them to dail the Ext. number? DID mapping is set for Ext. number to Ext number.

Did I miss somthing in programming to get the system to map as a DID and not just to ring?

I talked to one of the tech's on the BETA team and he said that a point to point T-1 would not work. I disagree as the C.O. is nothing more than a Switch and E&M signalling is the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if the above problem can be fixed, will the calls to the Ext's be concerned transfered calls and go to the Ext's vocemail box?

Thanks

GM

I too have been told that a point to point would not work.

What access codes are they dialing from MI to the ACS?

Unknown, the way we got it to work was the NEC set up access codes with the ext # included for each channal. I then assigned these channals as private lines to each phone.
Problem with that is you can not share channals, If you are on your channal you get busy

thanks for the reply
GM

The problem I have is when the NEC system dials their access code, the call begin to ring. It does not allow them to dial an Ext. #."

Please elaborate. Where does the call begin to ring? Is the access code simply a code to grab a specific trunk on the T-1, or is it trunk groups or ARS/LCR? What is the programming in ARS/LCR in the NEC? Does it work if you call from the ACS to the NEC?

"Also, if the above problem can be fixed, will the calls to the Ext's be concerned transfered calls and go to the Ext's vocemail box?"

If you get an ACS extension to ring, VM coverage will kick in.

AS far as I know the NEC is dialing a access code to get access to the 8 T-1 channals. If I have a pooled group button programmed it will ring the pool group. If I remove it from a pool group, it rings to staion 10, if the lines are assignned to it.

I do not know if the NEC is using ARS/LCR for this access.

Yes, I have no problem accessing the T-1 from The ACS and dailing a Station number within the NEC.

Thanks for the reply

GM

It sounds like something simple, such as a difference in digits sent/recieved. I have not yet programmed an ACS DID, but there should be an option for changing the amount of digits recieved. ALOT of phone systems don't let you make it 2 digits. If there is no option for changing the digits recieved to 2, you would have to increase the extension number length on the ACS to 3 digits (I'm not sure if you can on r6.04, you didn't used to be able to).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back