Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS Fax programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

phdude

Technical User
Feb 11, 2002
US
I have a client with an ACS and I would like to know the procedure for programming a fax machine port. I set #601 or # 602 (can't remember) but it answered all incoming calls(both lines). What should I do to complete a working fax port.

I know there must be a simple step I'm overlooking.

As always thanks to all for your help!

You need to decide if you want the fax to answer any of your incoming lines or not. If you have a dedicated line for faxes, then assign that line to the fax station, and no others. Remove that line from regular telephones, since you won't want regular phones to disrupt a fax call.

Perhaps you only get occasional faxes on any line in the system. Users answer the call, notice it's a fax call, and then transfer to the fax. In that case, don't assign any lines to the fax station. Give users a Fax Management button (just an auto-dial for that intercom station.) You correctly used #601 to designate that station as a fax.

I want them to share with phone system on line 2.

Does it have fax detection that will send a fax call straight to fax machine and ring a voice call phone call thru to other exts?

Thanks

I forgot to mention fax detection is possible with the three different voice mail options (Partner Voice Messaging, Partner Mail VS, and Parter Mail) if you have ACS Rel 3 or better.

You can also use the ASA/DXD card to answer calls and detect a fax.

They do have a remote access card and voice mail but niether are installed just yet. So I guess you are saying that these need to be installed before programming ext 16 for fax. Do I need to do anything special with ringing?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back