Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS Driving me nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyphones

Vendor
Nov 20, 2009
US
This seems to be another example of maybe I've been doing this too long!! I have to add a doorbox to an existing R6 ACS system, with a 2 card carrier with nothing in the 2nd slot. I find a 206 module in my pile which seems to power up when I plug a power cord directly into it. (green light comes on) When I take it to the site and plug it into the carrier, no green lite. I have replaced the carrier but end up with the same result. Existing processor works fine except ext 13 has always been dead. Does this mean the 206 is not OK?? Or could the processor have fault which prevents the 206 from operating???? Any and all comments would be appreciated!!
Thanks....

Could be slot two on the two-slot either not working or not making a proper connection. I would try another card to verify if you have it.

And 2-slot carriers (in my opinion) are very touchy. It could just be that it wasn't seated in slot 2 properly.

i agree - the 2 slot never works good- always better with a 5 slot carrier.

What version and vintage is the 206 module?

....JIM....

Despite the documentation to the contrary, not all carriers are compatible with later versions of Partner. It was an issue between a newer proc and an older carrier.

The expansion card worked fine when tested, but would not come up when connected to the carrier. We ordered a new carrier (cheaper than a new proc), and everything was fine. This was before Partner went EOS.

Install a new carrier. I do not thnk that carriers have releases, but older P and PII carriers were involved.

Good luck,
Frank

Frank Robertshaw
The Phone Guy
Nashville, TN

The latest is that I went to the site with a 5 slot carrier and a 206 that powered up. I installed the ACS Rev 6 processor and the 206 in the far left slot.....206 did not power up....leads me to believe there is a fault in the processor but it works fine by itself..206 is rev3.
Time for another processor????
Thanks again.

Just a stupid question but is this R6 a SOE? The SOE (small office edition) were sold as a package (4 phones, small PVMS card, and 1 processor). These processors could not be expanded. Even though they looked like a normal R6. There is a way to tell if was a SOE by somewhere on the Serial tag, but its escaping me what exactly you had to look for.

A.J. Wiesner
AT&D Communication, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back