Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS Backup/Restore/Upgrade/Remote Access Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkfoley

Vendor
Dec 16, 2002
US
Are there any obvious things to check, other than a properly seated card, when you get the "invalid card" response when trying to perform a backup (#124) on ACS R4?

It is the silver card that is -labled- "Remote Access" and has ("Backup, Restore, Upgrade") written below.

Thanks,
Rick

Try the other slot, but I've had several R5s lately that wouldn't recgonize the backup card.

I tried the other slot ... I've powered off so many times and tried again it's not funny ... is the card junk then or can the card be reflashed?

Thanks,
Rick

I don't think reflashing the card will do anything at this point. Try another card to determine if it is the card or the ACS.

Thanks. Checking another card would be the next logical step wouldn't it! <g> I have a VM card on the way for this unit. I will know then if it's the ACS or the card. Does $245 for a replacement card sound reasonable? It's the upgrade to R5 as well Backup/Restore/Remote Access.

Thanks,
Rick

Hi Rick,
I have had a few defective processors. I send both back under warranty. I don't know whether it's the card or processor, but it doesn't matter. Your R4 may still be under warranty, so check first. I don't know if upgrading to R5 is going to buy you any useful features over R4. On a nother note, I've had a few bad PVM cards lately too. Hummm. Putting in a new PVM solved the problem so we know the PVM was defective in all those cases.
Good luck Rick, Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back