Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS Backup Restore Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstateny

Vendor
Aug 11, 2001
US
i have an R1 Partner ACS with a backup / restore card - system backs up fine - when i put in an r3 or r4 upgrade / backup /restore card the upgrade does not occur and the system will not back up - it reads "insert card" - any thoughts??

I have heard that only the R1.1 and Higher are upgradeable via the flash card.

Don

True, you need to have at least a 1.1 proc. to do a flash upgrade, just walk up to any display phone and press feature 59 and it will display your proc. rel.

where did you get the cards,you can only use the card one time to upgrade, if not already at least a Release 3 you can't do backup or restore with it

your processor release and the release of the b/u card must match. ACS r1.1 can only go to release 2. 2 or better can upgrade to any higher up to the current release 5. teamgcs is right do the F59 to see what you've got. Bob is also right. The upgrade "portion" of the card will only work once. after you have spent this it is simply a backup and restore card.... sort of. You can download tools and such from avaya to add an "upgrade" back to a card. it costs a few bucks, will take most the day, and may hose your pc (and yes I did have a few bad experiences with it). However once you figure it out ( after spending the day, your money, and your PC) it's pretty easy to do...

have to ask - if your card works, why bother with the others

I have a whole bunch of ACS backup and restore cards. From 98 up until this year. What is compatable with what version wise? Is there a chart or something? I dont see how a old card will backup a new system. Different size memory.

Thanks in advance,

Richard S. McCranie
CoMatrix Southeast
richm@comatrix.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back