Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS 7.0 DID mapping - Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBiker

Instructor
Mar 8, 2002
US
I have a customer with a T1/DID i set up the LEC to send the last 3 Digits 800 - 849 and i mapped them to each ext. with the first 11 going to the Ext 10 (800 - 810 mapped to Ext. 10) then each of the other DID's are mapped in order -
DID 811 to Ext. 11
DID 812 to Ext. 12
DID 813 to Ext. 13
DID 814 to Ext. 14 and so on

I tried dialing an the DID I have mapped to ext 36 from my cell and Ext 35 rang. checked the mapping 4 times, its correct.

HELP !!!!

Does this only happen when you call from your cell phone?

What about if you call 36 from the intercom or from an outside line and back in again? Is 36 on DND or Forwarding?

....JIM....

I called from land line same thing happend. Should I be looking at the LEC? Maybe they are doing something wrong? It seems easy to set up mapping and set the DID setting under lines for each channel of the T1 but I am lost.
they are using line 17 - 21. I have attached a BMP of the line 17 and Page 2 of the mapping

ftp://128.241.194.96/

ftp://128.241.194.96/
Let's exhaust all the ACS possibilities first, then look to the LEC. Is DID 836 for IC36 the only number not working?
Did you check calling 36 via intercom and did it work?
What kind of phone set is plugged into station port 36?

In reviewing your ftp attachment, you only showed line/channel 17. What about the rest of them? When the DS1 service was ordered from the service provider, what Start signaling was optioned for incoming calls on the DS1 channels 17 - 21? In the ftp attachment it shows automatic (Immediate Start) and outgoing is Wink Start. It is better if they are both Wink Start.

Who is your service provider? Do you know what the end-office switch type is? Is this DS1 shared with data service on the other channels? Typically unless the price is very good, no one puts in a DS1 for 5 trunks/lines! The break even point is usually 12 trunks/lines.

....JIM....

First, Thank you Jim:

All the DID are Ringing one ext off.
DID 836 is Ringing ext 35
DID 835 is Ringing ext 34
DID 825 in Ringing ext 24

I can call each intercom with no problems from each other. from Ext. 36 I called many intercoms and they all worked fine.

NOTE: they have 2 Ext that need to answer the first 10 DID's (800 - 809) these are set up to Call group 1. i have ext 10 and 32 in the call group.

Note: before I set up the DID mapping, they had lines 17 to 21 on all sets, but ringing on the two set in group 1 only.

Should I remove lines 17-21 from all sets except group 1?

This T1 has been up and running for about a year with out the DID part being mapped. It is a FT1, only the channels 17 - 21 are used for Voice. I have no record for the T1 but will call One Communications today and open a ticket for that info.

also i will try changing the start options in the morning

I have never heard of this problem and could not find anything on the web. I'm thinking I made some kinda mistake in the programming or maybe the lines being on all the sets was the problem. have you ever heard of DID ringing to the wrong ext like this before?

thank you for the help,

Bobby D

How did the ACS function prior to adding DID service? Were incoming calls on POTS lines only? Please explain.

There may be a combination of things going on here. I did some checking and One Communications is a CLEC, meaning they may not be using a conventional CO switch, like a 5ESS or DMS500. If that is the case, there may be configuration issues on their side of the FT1 in relation to the DID numbers and/or what digits are being sent in relation to the DID number called (translations).

Now in regards to the DTMF signals being sent to the ACS, unless you have the appropriate test equipment to monitor the FT1, there is no way to do that.

Let's see what info you get when you contact One Communications.

....JIM....

Prior to adding DID service, the incoming calls were comming in on the same ports of the FT1, 17-21. i have a call in to 1comm but they don't seem to be that on top of it. I will be there at 6:00 AM EST in the morning, other than the CLEC should I check anything on the ACS that I have not check already? other than the wink start i can't think of anythink else. Please let me know.

thank you,

B~

FIXXXXXXED !!!

ok, it looks like the CLEC (One Communications) messed up and set the DID's 1 number off. took 3 days for them to catch it but everything is working just fine.

Thank you very much for your posts,

Bobby D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back