Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS 308 R1.0 Hissing and static??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTomas

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2005
US
OK, I know that below release 3.0, the power supplies tend to run very hot and pop like corn...

That being said, I have a customer unit that "hisses" when you power it up. (I am thinking a transformer or a coil, possibly a diode or a transistor is gone??) The unit powers up properly, the green light is lit, All extentions display the date and time and function normally BUT on all 8 extention ports, there is static (on both intercoms and all three CO lines...)and the dial tones are faint.

Should I just replace the power supply or is both the power supply AND the port chips bad? Or even something else?

If the second it the answer, any one have any recomendations on a good repair house? One that could fix the problems AND maybe do a r6 upgrade at the same time? (for a decent price??)

Thanks again, in advance...

If you have a source for the power supplys why not try that first ?

I would probably just look for a refurbed rel6 . or just go ahead and talk them into the upgrae to 7

Thanks Brian and Skip for the info...

I will give that a try tomorrow...

Sadly, the Partner ACS R7 processor has had its share of bugs. The latest reports are that of the R7 losing programming if left powered down for 30 minutes or more even if the backup batteries are fully charged.[sad] Once power is reapplied, programming needs to be reloaded from either the internal hard drive or an external PC card (depending on which device is being used to store programming.

Avaya plans on releasing some sort of fix for this problem.

If a new processor is required, my thought would be to go with a new R6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back