Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACS 132-S-901.2 IP Telephony Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanning

Technical User
Aug 6, 2003
Hi,

Has anyone done the ACS recently , i am after some hints and tips.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Congratulations mrjedi,

Can you share some of the questions you came across and what documentation did you use for your study ?

i want to do ACS - IPT as well.....i am thinking just book and take the exam see how much i know....6 years experiences....want to hear from mrjedi...i know ACA was easy...

h5n1,
It appears mrjedi sent a hoax reply its probably a small angry being , like wise i am just going to book it and try it for myself.

Best of luck !!!

Sorry guys but it was not a hoax. It is faily easy. There are some questions on LAN but with a 63% pass score you should have no trouble passing this as long as you have completed the on line assessments as some of the questions actually come up in the exam. There are quite a few questions on Ip Network Regions. Tip of the day: Some questions will ask you to choose 3 answers. COncentrate on the one that is not right and tick the rest. There were a couple of questions on VLANs. As lon as you know you definity well, you should pass it.

I've got my ACS - Implement - IP Telephony as a part of my ACE.

It's passable.

The main subjects to know:

* RFA
* VoIP Monitoring Server
* SNMP
* Know ALL of the media gateways!
* Know some of the basic IP commands in ASA

There is a document on support.avaya.com titled "Avaya IP Telephony Implementation Guide" which is 76 pages long and covers a LOT of this exam....

Good Luck.

SJF

yep the exam is pretty straight forward but plently of trick questions thrown in.

My exam didn't really have much to do with implementation more to do with voice quality.

If you read the PDF file mentioned you will pass easily.

spanning,

good luck on the exam and let us know how you did. I will probably do it as soon as i finish my CCNA by the end of this month.

BTW, Avaya changed their policy i don't think they will send certificates anymore for ACA and ACS. Correct me if i'm wrong anyone who did ACS recently.

again, good luck spanning

no they dont send it out. I have just passed my ACE ( basically 2 x ACS ) and they dont even send a T-Shirt. Cheapie...

Just to confirm as of December of last Year Avaya discontinued the certification kit program.

My take (I didn't get the kit for my last two ACSs or my ACE):

If you don't want to send me the marketing materials (i.e. laptop bag, shirt, pin, etc), I still deserve to have a hard copy of my certificate. It's fantastic that I can print new copies as I feel a need to, but I still should get a single, hard copy from Avaya. And how much would that cost anyway?

I've voiced this opinion to Avaya. Hopefully they'll see the error in their ways...

I know with cisco certs you can pay for a hard copy of your certificate. I really hope Avaya will do that in the future.

mrjedi,

I need to make contact with a BP in London. Can you help me out, please?

Contact phamlinatexcelsystemsincdotcom

Thanks!

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back