Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acronis True Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMcBee86

Technical User
Jul 8, 2016
US
I have this program on a USB. When I boot up the surface to load Acronis True Image it won't load. Has anyone had success booting to Acronis True Image from a Microsoft Surface running Win 10?

Seems to say newer versions of Acronis will work with right version of PE on the bootable media.
Link
So, yeah - what version are you attempting it with?

I use Macrium (not on a Surface Pro) and they were strongly suggesting using the Windows 10 based PE recovery media even to restore Windows 7 due to better USB3 support, etc.

Do you get any error?

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

We have Acronis True Image 2015 (No longer supported). Also, I have never heard of Macrium.

Macrium is to Acronis as Coke is to Pepsi - same thing, backup and imaging program. I happen to like Acronis better and have used both.

Do you have the correct build of Acronis 2015 per this document that will support Windows 10? If not, that's probably the issue.
Link

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

I've used Acronis for years, and it has saved my bacon on more than one occasion. I have found, though, that I have to religiously download any patches/updates they offer...and each time I need to build another Acronis boot disk. Nothing is perfect, or guaranteed, but FWIW I'm an Acronis fanboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back