Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrobat Type Library - Run Time Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

projection

Programmer
Aug 24, 2004
US
Hi,

I am creating an application that references the acrobat type library. The Interop.acrobat.dll is

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but when it runs, I receive an error specifying that retrieving the COM Class factory for component with CLSID (FF76CB60 ...) failed due to the following error: 80040154

The CLSID is for the Acrobat.exe.

I thought with the interop.acrobat.dll the application would run regardless if acrobat was installed or not. Am I wrong in thinking this?

What am I missing?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

You are wrong I'm afraid. Try using itext instead. It's free and very good. Written by a fellow belgian dude.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

"My new site" - Me

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it. I am utilizing the Acrobat Javascript object to determine if a page has been ocr or not. I am not creating or modifying any pdfs. it took a few days of research to figure out the javascript solution. But i will check out iText as well. However, if you know if the iText solution does not perform the functions that I require, please let me know so I will not waste time on it.

In regard to being wrong, could you be more specific as to why i am wrong and how i can correct my error?

Javascript suggest to me that you are using ASP.NET and for that there is another forum.

Anyway. Yes I do think your clients will need acrobat installed to let the javascript do it's job. Javascript is clientside code so it needs tto find things on the client.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

"My new site" - Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back