Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrobat Distiller printing only in B&W

Status
Not open for further replies.

bswb

Technical User
Mar 25, 2005
US
I've reinstalled my Acrobat 5.0 since it was acting bugging. For some strange reason, all of my Frame docs are PDFing in black and white now. Using Distiller in Word or Firefox PDFs in color.

Is there a setting I need to reset since I reinstalled Acrobat?

When this happend to me I simply double-checked my settings in job options to make sure everything was right on...Check for settings in the 'color' and 'advanced' tabs...you may have just missed something.

----Your printer driver?

----Color Panel: "Rendering Intent." In Adobe's PDF specifications, "Relative Colorimetric." is the default value. If you choose "Default" in Adobe Acrobat Distiller, it uses ANY value specified in the incoming PostScript file. If you set the Rendering Intent to an option other than "Default" will result in that Rendering Intent being applied to the Adobe PDF documents. Go to "Settings > Job Options... > Color" to adjust these settings.
---Could you have possible changed this?

I could be way off...just a few ideas.

I've found the source of the problem - I've been using PDF files (saved from Photoshop) as my document images. When I import a JPG, it PDFs fine in color.

The odd thing is that before I reinstalled Acrobat, I used PDF images in my anchored frames and they would output just fine. Is there any reason why they'd suddenly come out in black and white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back