Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrobat 9 Pro PDF to XML Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

aculisrover

Programmer
Sep 2, 2008
US
I am attempting to use Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro to perform conversion of tagged and untagged PDF files to XML. AcrobatPro9 provides for basic conversion of PDF files to XML. I have used the built-in 'Save As' conversion from PDF to XML, but I need to have the customized XML tags, not the standard XML tags provided through this method of conversion.

I have found some information relating to Acrobat 5, but only some general information for the mapping tables. I am still having difficulty in understanding if this is where I should be looking and how to modify these tables to effect the specific XML tags needed.

I would really appreciate direction as to where I might find more detailed information on how to accomplish these PDF to XML conversions. If I am correct in needing to change the mappings, perhaps someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction for more detailed instructions pertaining to these conversions. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back