Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acrew Training Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

wacobd

MIS
Jul 16, 2003
US
This may not be the place for this, but does anyone know anything about the Acrew Training Center in Evergreen, CO?

I am trying to get in contact with them but their website is down, their phones are disconnected, and they are not returning E-Mails. I was wondering if they closed up for the holidays or if they went out of business.

Acrew actually closed it's doors back in November/December. They are now operating out of the New Horizons in Colorado. It's the same format, material, and instructors, they're just using New Horizons facilities.

<<Acrew actually closed it's doors back in November/December. They are now operating out of the New Horizons in Colorado.>>

You have any more info on this? I had planned to go there for the Win2K3 update this month.

Tom D

Actually, this is partially true. New Horizons is deliveing an MCSE 2000/2003 bootcamp starting Feb 29 that was to be delivered at Acrew by offering the same curriculum and instructor. There is no formal agreement in place between the two companies. New Horizons is attempting to assist former Acrew customers.

This is true, but if you are waiting for a refund from ACREW for a cancelled training class, New Horizons will not help you there. That is the boat I am in right now.

Anybody know what happened? They had a pretty solid program. I'd been there before.

Speaking of New Horizons, does anyone know anything about their facilities in Colorado? I am considering my options for soem Windows training.

Regarding New Horizons, each location is independent. One location may include several facilities. From my experience and what I've heard there is a wide variety in quality between the various locations, between different courses at a given facility, between equipment (computers & furniture) at different facilities, and the business practices at each location. Policies on refunds or change fees, for instance, vary. Before making a significant investment, it would be wise to visit the facility you're considering, sit in on a relevant class and determine whether the instructors, the computers and the physical plant meet your needs. You don't want to spend $10K for a &quot;membership&quot; then discover the AC doesn't work, the computers are Pentium II's, half the chairs are broken, the instructor is a new graduate who reads from a textbook, and there are no refunds after 72 hours. My local branch is very good on Office applications, the physical plant is pretty good with OK computers and their &quot;technical&quot; courses (MCSE, CCNA, etc) are spotty. Your mileage will vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back