Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acobat version On clinet Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I want to know the acobat version of the client machine and accordingly i want to provide him messege to download the required version of the acrobat ????

i guess you can't! unless you hack the client's machine :) why don't you show him a notification saying "if you don't have adobe acrobat reader version x.xx, click here to download it!"

good luck ....:::::.... xxLargeWASP ....:::::....

but in some of the sites we get some messges like flsh is not installed to view this file u download the flsh..some thing like this is this possible for acrobat software if its not installed on clinet machine we can provide him messege and ask him to download it...?

If you are talking about using JavaScript in an Acrobat PDF form to find out which version of Acrobat the user has this would be how:

if (typeof(app.viewerType) != "undefined")
{
app.alert(app.viewerType);
app.alert(app.viewerVersion);
}

Good Luck!

Here is a link to a page that I made. It will show if acrobat is installed and what version. You should be able to tell them to dl the new version or give them the choice to dl the new version with a little more scripting.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back