Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACME SBC to CM6 Direct SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallot

Vendor
Jul 15, 2009
US
I am connecting SIP trunks direct to CM6.

I'm stating this up front because I know it is not correct as a supported configuration and that it is outside my control and was determined too far back to be able to correct at this point. [smile2]

Out bound calls are 100% good.
Inbound calls to IP phones are 100% good.

Our issue is when we have calls that need to terminate to TDM extensions. We get nothing on a list trace tac. We get a little from the MST trace but not enough to see what is wrong. We are seeing a 488 error at the far end. We are thinking it is a codec issue but I've not seen CM care about the type of endpoint it tries to route to.

I don't believe it is our issue but I can't rule it out either.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

Wallot;

488 messages are errors relating to either party not liking part of the SDP (Session Description Protocol). You are correct in that the SDP will contain information relating to Codec negotiation.

I find it odd that a list trace on the TAC shows no data for these calls. How about a list trace station?

I would check with the SIP carrier what codec's they offer and make sure the corresponding ip-codec set in CM has these available.

Thanks,

We now have this working. Oracle had to write a rule that stopped the unwanted codecs from attempting negotiation. I'm not 100% certain on this but what the carrier is calling codec is not what I call codec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back