Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACM6 answering call by short message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craft01

Technical User
Aug 25, 2013
TN
hi,

my customer with communication manager 6, need answer some incoming calls by an SMS (short text message)

Any idea

Hellooo,

anyone had the same need

Communications Manager will not do this out of teh box. You'll need either a dedicated product (and I don't know of one) or an IVR system such as Avaya Aura Experience Portal (AAEP does include a SMS module) and SMS carrier connection etc.
Sounds like $$$/£££ to me

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

SMS is not a native feature — these switches are primarily low bandwidth data (old stuff) and of course, voice.

What are you trying to accomplish?
If you want to send and receive text messages, there are many “over the top” solutions.

You could also roll your own/build something — then use Avaya’s CPaaS to interface with these numbers on a split port.

@dialtonebone

for some incoming calls we want to collect calling number, hangup and send an SMS (short text message)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back